Sunday, January 26, 2014

Hard Evidence to Hard Tummies

 
<pppp>


4 P's in a Pod


As I was running I was thinking about what has helped me the most with staying healthy and fit.



Planning
You plan your daily, weekly, monthly schedules so you can do an amazing amount of tasks in a small amount of time. 



Don't act like you can't plan meals when you can plan life. I know you can do this.
It takes some time and effort, some trial and error.

I'm still not perfect at planning. I do make it a priority to take my lunch. If I haven't had time to think through the week, I, at least, think through the day, planning when I need specific nutrients and when I'm going to exercise.

Planning is everything. An awesome app for this is Paprika.

http://www.paprikaapp.com 

You can enter your recipes into the app. Then you plan what you want each day on the calendar in the app and it will add the ingredients to a shopping list. Doesn't get more convenient than that.

Now just knowing what your spouse and kids will want each day is your only question.





Patience
Fat does Not disappear over night nor does muscle appear after one hard workout. Every diet or exercise, that claims this, is fraud. Sorry. I've been praying off the extra for years and it doesn't budge without some dedicated work. 

Be patient. Learn to love your body and see how your mind can make it transform. Your mind is a beautiful thing. Use it!

It's going to take weeks, months, years to healthfully get to where you want. Keep up with your plan. Good things will come. They are promised to those who wait.




Portion
Knowing a portion size is crucial to health. 

Susan Ridgeway with diettogo has a perfect example of sizes.
http://diettogo.com/blog/portion-control

What you are served at a restaurant is Usually not a serving size. Your quarter pound meat portion is one ounce more than a serving which may be fine but not if you don't realize it.

 Having more than a serving size multiple times a day leads to extra calories, extra energy you probably aren't using that is loving your hips, tummy, legs or wherever fat loves you.

Watch portion control closely and it can become your best friend.




Partners
It's more fun to workout with a friend. Everything is quicker and easier with a buddy. Knowing you are letting someone down if you don't meet them is a great motivator to getting you out that door. 
99% of finishing is starting. 

Having someone who helps cheer for you is key as well. My husband is my greatest cheerleader and we learn new ways everyday of finding things that build me up to eat better rather than seeming offensive. He knows I have goals and he wants to help and I'm so thankful for his support.

Find someone, anyone and I bet it may be one of your strongest relationships. 

If you run with me you are family.

After all that is how my husband wooed me.


Do it right. Get healthy and take control of your energy levels by taking the correct steps and not being pulled in every direction by the newest, hippest diet or exercise.


Burn calories. Eat right. Plan. Be patient. Watch portion size. Find a friend. Get results.







No comments:

Post a Comment